This is how you should drink pop…
If you’re going to drink pop, here’s how you should do it.
I’m only kidding a little bit here. Let me explain.
Pop has all kinds of acid in it. Different pops have higher or lower pH, but all of them have a lot of acid. Your teeth already have to deal with acid on a regular basis because sugars that you eat can be turned into acid by the tooth bugs that are already there. Adding a bunch of sugary and acidic soda just makes it that much worse.
So stick with me here. Each time you take a sip or a gulp of soda, the acid in it is attacking your teeth. Your saliva takes a certain amount of time to buffer that “acid attack” whether you just sipped or drank a whole can.
So do the math. If it takes you an entire afternoon to sip yourself through a can of soda, you are having an almost constant acid attack for hours at a time. If you drink like the guys above, then you have one acid attack and then your saliva can bring your mouth’s pH back to a normal healthy level.
Yes, you’re reading this correctly…this Saginaw dentist is giving you permission to guzzle. Or better yet, have water instead.
Questions or comments about this post? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I always answer my own emails!
(Note to reader…do yourself a favor and do not search YouTube for “chugging.”)