Did you know…
- They probably didn’t eat turkey on the first Thanksgiving (in 1621). Roasted goose and duck were most likely eaten.
- The average American eats 13.1 pounds of turkey each year.
- This year Americans will eat more than 45 million turkeys!
- Michigan raises more organic turkeys than any other state!
- It was not until 1941, that congress declared Thanksgiving as a
national holiday. It was declared to be the fourth Thursday in November.
- Cranberries are also known as “bounce berries” because they bounce! I have not personally verified that…if I do I’ll let you know!
- Fossil evidence shows that turkeys were found in North America over 10 million years ago.
- Fifty percent of Americans put the stuffing inside the Turkey. Are you an “in the Turkey” person or “out of the Turkey” person? Personally…we do both!
- The average American consumes 4.5 pounds of sweet potatoes per year.
- More than 40 million green bean casseroles are served on Thanksgiving.
So are you hungry yet?
Thanksgiving is going to require an awful lot of chewing, and chewing requires that your teeth are working the way they’re supposed to. Are your teeth working like they should? Are you going to enjoy your Thanksgiving feast?
Are you looking for a Saginaw dentist? If you haven’t had your “chewing apparatus” (aka: teeth and gums!) checked in a while, drop me an email at email@example.com or call the office at (989) 799-9133. We’ll get you in ASAP and make sure you’re all set for the holidays!
(originally posted on November 19, 2009, edited November 24, 2011)